Monday, April 22, 2013

Twenty Four Days

is all I committed too....and now I am hooked for life!

My goal for 2013 was to finally get healthy. To stop talking about losing the extra 30 pounds I was lugging around, and actually lose them! To stop being out of breath when I climbed the 19 stairs leading to my front door! I started with a membership to the YMCA and walking on the treadmill 5 days a week. I posted encouraging signs around the house, tried eating healthier, and committed to working out at least 5 days a week. For the most part, I've done good on that front :) I brought my heart rate down, and I can do the stairs without stopping to catch my breath. But, I wasn't losing weight or toning up. So I added some other exercise routines and weights. A month later I had lost 2 whole pounds! I was discouraged even though I knew I was trying.

One day I was talking to a friend in Tennessee and she told me about how she was losing weight and inches with Advocare. I should probably mention here that I do not like to put anything into my body. No pills, no weight loss miracle shakes, nothing. I told my friend this and she told me that's not what it was and to check it out...so I did. I googled it and read everything on the website. When I was done I was still convinced that it was one of those weight loss miracle schemes. My friend told me to check out some of our other friends who were doing Advocare before I made my mind up to say no. So I did. After a couple of weeks I decided I had nothing to lose and told her I would do the 24 day challenge and that was all. Then I ordered  my product.

Let me just say that it is not cheap to order a 24 day challenge. Unless you are totally committed to changing your lifestyle, it will not seem worthwhile to you. I know myself well enough to know that if I paid that amount for something I would follow it to a T. When my package arrived I went through it all and read all the packages and information provided to me. I was still feeling a little leery, but was committed to the 24 days required.

Two weeks into my challenge I felt so much better than I had in a long time. I decided to become a distributor so that I could buy my products at a discount and continue with Advocare after the challenge. During the challenge I lost a total of 7 pounds and 13.25 inches. In the past 4 days I've lost another 2 pounds and I don't know how many inches. I have completely changed the way I eat. I still work out 5 mornings a week, and I am finally seeing results.

Yes, I had to give up some of my favorite things including coffee and cheese. Yes, I have to eat a lot of vegetables. No, it doesn't phase me. Between the eating plan and Advocare products, I do not miss the things I gave up. There are so many options for the foods that are encouraged that I have yet to become bored with what I eat. And have I mentioned how much better I feel?!

Here are a couple photos of me from day 1 and day 24. See the results for yourself! I would love to share Advocare with you!


1 comment:

  1. You look GREAT!!!! You have a very wise friend over there in TN ;-)

    ReplyDelete