Saturday, September 1, 2012

Fun Times at the Pool....

There are a group of adults that live here at our apartment complex that seem to greatly dislike children. Any time we get to the pool and they are there I do an inward cringe. This group has, in the past, told my children to stop being loud when they are in the pool. Now, I should probably say that my kids aren't overly loud or obnoxious in the pool, they are just having fun. It's a big pool and my only rule to them is to be respectful of those in the pool with them, and don't splash those around the pool.

So, today we get there and I tell David that I have a speech prepared in case they tell my kids to be quiet again. He says he wants to hear it. So I tell him...and he tells me good one and to write it down. So here I am, writing it down. I didn't get to say it, and that's probably for the best actually because I really am not big on confrontation and I have to live here.

If they had said something today I would have apologized first for my children acting like children....because you know, how dare they. :) Then I would have told them that while I'm sorry that my children offended them by being children (GASP!) I have been polite enough, time after time, not to say a word about the music they play loudly while they are at the pool, which is offensive to me. Nor have I mentioned the fact they are not small women, but insist on wearing string bikinis that wouldn't cover my big toe. I have also overlooked their chain smoking and beer drinking even though that is also not something I think they should do at a family pool. Then I would have thanked them for bringing it to my attention that my children were enjoying the pool and to have a nice day.

Now....I would not have really said all that to them...I am a bigger person than that. It felt good to think it though :) David and I had a giggle over it and then got back to playing in the pool with the kids....because after all....isn't one supposed to have fun in the pool?!

No comments:

Post a Comment