Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Survived!

My son got his learner's permit this week! He will be 16 next week and has never been that interested in driving until recently. Today he drove his mama to his quiz about 10 miles away....in the rain! I must say that he did an excellent job for a kid that hasn't seen any drive time! I am very proud of him. I know that he will get plenty of practice since I don''t like to drive so much. I only do it out of necessity.

Like his mama and dad he LOVES fast cars! We talk constantly about getting something and fixing it up for him. He of course knows that he has to finance the 'additions' but he is ok with that. So I guess during spring break in a couple weeks we will be car shopping. I hope that he can find something for a decent price that he likes.

In other news.....I resigned from my job this week. My last day is March 6th. SOme of you will probably think I am insane to quit my job in the middle of a recession, but honestly I feel total and complete peace about it. Of course I didn't make the decision by myself. My husband and I prayed a lot about it and we know that this is the right move to make right now. My kiddos need their mama at home. That probably seems cheesy, but it is oh so true, I feel blessed not only to be able to do this, but to know that I am able to grant them this desire makes my heart feel full.

I loved my job btw, it is not an easy decision to make at all.

Well, I better get my day started. I know it's been 2 weeks since I wrote on here, but for some reason I do believe I will have more time soon! LOL!!!

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment