Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Changing Perspective

This week I started a project fully expecting it to be intense and tedious. I knew going in that it was a big project, and I came prepared. What I am getting out of it though is a great surprise.

You see, I signed up to clean a house from top to bottom. Not just any house, but a house that has not been cleaned in at least 6 months and is occupied by 1 person and 3 fur children. The fur children think they have to mark their territory all through the house which makes the cleaning process even more fun. My first impression of the owner of this home was that she is a sweet woman who just got overwhelmed by all that needs done.

Now to the surprise part...I am having so much FUN with this! The woman I am cleaning for is the sweetest, and she just speaks her mind. She could be me 30 years from now! I never would have thought that this type of deep, intense cleaning could be this much fun! Yes, there is dust and grime an inch thick on everything, and yes there is dog pee on all the corners of everything, but the fun I am having is worth it.

This project will likely take me at least 2 weeks to complete...at least the cleaning part....and then on to the organizing of her things to make it easier to clean in the future. I expect every hour I am there to be full of hard work and tons of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment